All our fish farming netting products are UV-protected polyethylene. The advantages of using polyethylene over nylon are:
- Polyethylene has well over double the life expectancy of nylon.
- Due to the UV inhibitors in polyethylene there is no breakdown of the material in the transition zone.
- Much easier to clean marine growth, and no antifouling required.
- Polyethylene results in huge cost savings in replacement and maintenance.
- Polyethylene is less susceptible to being chewed through by fish such as tilapia.
For pen nets we offer three choices:
High-Tenacity Braided Knotted-With-Core Polyethylene
High-tenacity braided knotted-with-core polyethylene is what we would commonly use in net pens. Net size is 2.4mm twine diameter with 29mm square mesh, and a breaking strength of 135kg (297lbs).
Twisted Knotless Polyethylene
Twisted knotless polyethylene is a great product to avoid scale loss for capturing or moving fish. It features less resistance and drag in areas of tidal action and currents, is the easiest net to clean, and has the least bulk of any netting on the market. Ideal for use in smolt pens.
High-Tenacity Twisted Knotted Polyethylene
High-tenacity twisted knotted polyethylene is used for predator bird control as covers for fish and shrimp farm net pens. Protect your valuable aquaculture product from eagles, gulls, herons, and diving birds. High tenacity, high strength polyethylene's lighter diameter twine is less affected by wind or snow buildup.
We offer UV-protected high-tenacity twisted knotted polyethylene in three sizes. All overhead predator nets are made in single seamless nets.
- 90mm (3 ½”) square mesh — 380 denier x 18 ply
- 60mm (2 ⅜”) square mesh — 380 denier x 21 ply
- 50mm (2”) square mesh — 380 denier x 24 ply